Out of the 19 official noxious weeds in Utah, these two are most prevalent in our City. Help everyone and cut them out of your property!
Cedar City Fire Department 435-586-2964
Do you live outside the Cedar City Limits? Would you like to clean up weeds, brush or garden debris? Open burn is now available if you meet the requirements. Read on. Beginning March 1st CCFD will be conducting a trial extended open burn. By doing this it should allow for cleanup to take place over a longer period of time and lessen the impact of the smoke particulate in the air at any one given time. If you would like to burn yard waste you must adhere to these steps:
1. Air Quality Clearing Index must be 500 or greater. you can view the afternoon forecast at:http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/slc/projects/ifp/html/clrindx.php
2. The property must be located in the initial response area of Cedar City Fire Department and not in the Cedar City limits. Areas this includes are: Enoch City, Kanarraville Town, unincorporated areas immediately surrounding Cedar City.
If you live in Cedar City Limits--The Street Division will be providing spring clean-up during April please refer to http://www.cedarcity.org/82/Street-Solid-Waste-Division or call the public works dept at 435-586-2912 for more information on spring clean-up
3. You Must Call the Cedar City Fire Dept. at 435-586-2964 prior to burning to notify of your burn and get permission each day that you burn.
4. You will keep the fire small and manageable, attend the fire until it is fully extinguished and out cold to the touch. You will have means to suppress your fire at any time, this includes a water source(minimum a garden hose hooked up and ready to use). and hand tools(minimum a full size shovel).
5. You will have defensible space between your burn area and any building(minimum 10 ft).
6. You will accept full responsibility if the fire extends or trespasses from your intended burn area (which could include damage and suppression costs).
7. You are only to burn during daylight hours. Yard Waste Fires must be out cold to the touch by or before dark.
8. Please be respectful to your neighbors and put your fire out if the smoke is impacting them.
This is a trial year, if it goes well we hope to have it continue for years to come.
Incorporated in 1966, Enoch City boasts of its history of the Old Spanish Trail, its pioneer heritage, its unprecedented growth, its family values, and its delicious water.
The Latest News
Enoch City has partnered with EVERBRIDGE for emergency notifications.